There are two ways of making sure we prevent the spreading of Flu.
- Hygiene – Hand Washing, Cleaning, etc.
- Flu Vaccination
Preventing the spread of germs is the most effective way to slow the spread of the flu. Always:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Clean surfaces and door handles regularly to get rid of germs.
- Use tissues to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in a bin as soon as possible and wash your hands.
The Flu Vaccine
If you wish to vaccinated you should make an appointment with your GP Surgery or go to your local Drop-in Centre or Pharmacy.
The flu vaccine is usually free to high-risk people, to protect them from flu. If the vaccine is not free to you then you will have to pay the prescription cost of £7.65
The Brothers of Charity Services will reimburse you the cost of your Flu vaccination prescription!
To reclaim this charge, hand your receipt to your regional finance team with your usual expenses form. The receipt must be validated at the GP surgery and we will arrange for you to be reimbursed.
Alternatively, Rowlands Chemist, Pilch Lane, Broadgreen is offering free flu vaccinations to Thingwall Hall staff with your BOCS ID.
To view our Flu Prevention and Vaccination flyer, please click here.