During lockdown, Carole from our Greater Manchester Services, and her support worker Victoria, had been keeping in touch via video calls. The pair were keeping themselves busy making objects out of Play Dough. What a great way to get creative and spend some time with a familiar face. Don’t they just look great!
Carole is currently in the process of making Salt Dough models. Hopefully Carol will be able to paint the salt dough in the next couple of weeks’, ready for them to be displayed in our Lockdown Creativity exhibition. If anyone is interested in creating some models using Salt Dough please follow the instructions below.
- 2 cups of all-purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Salt
- 1 cup of cold water
- Mix your flour and salt together in a bowl. Slowly add your water in a few table spoons at a time and mix into the flour mixture until the dough is smooth and easy to handle.
- Knead your dough for 10 minutes and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C)
- Place your dough onto a baking sheet in your desired shapes. (This is where you can get creative!)
- Bake in the preheated oven until dry and hard, for around 2 hours.
- Allow to cool completely, and there you have it!
If you do decide to try out of Salt Dough models, we would love to see your amazing designs so please send us your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.