The Brothers of Charity Services in Lancashire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester each offer a bespoke transition programme, enabling young adults to move from children’s services and education to adult’s services, making the process as smooth as possible.
We have supported many young adults in transition from children’s to adult services to go on to lead full and happy lives in their local community. We work closely with professionals from specialist schools, residential colleges and children’s services to create and deliver a service, which meets the unique needs of each young person.
In our role as support providers we recognise that we have a duty, not only to the person in receipt of support, but to their families or main carers. We work with them through every step of the way and provide support during what may be a difficult and anxiety-provoking process to ensure the best possible service.
How we can help you
- We will support you to source sustainable accommodation for those in transition to supported living and to enable young people and their families to understand their rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- We can provide flexible respite and day services for those living in the family home
- We offer support for young people to gain life skills and further independence
- We support and provide information for families to understand any systems and processes within adult services
- We can signpost families to external agencies and groups and supporting them to link to families who may have undergone similar experiences
- We can provide access to specialist staff and equipment, including a fleet of adapted vehicles
- We accept funding from a variety of streams including commissioned, self-funding, direct payments and respite vouchers