CaritaSE by the Brothers of Charity was established in England to deliver the Brothers of Charity’s wider mission statement to provide creative and flexible employment support models for marginalised and disadvantaged people other than those people with a learning disability in receipt of commissioned social care funding.
It’s aims are to engage with communities across many areas delivering cohesive, community based opportunities. We will achieve these through developing positive community impact, creating meaningful community relationships and deliver valued and sustainable community engagement outcomes.
CaritaSE has two main sites in the North West of England, one in Merseyside and one in Lancashire. The majority of our income will be generated by creative and social entrepenurialism and will offer high quality community programmes, projects and services.
CaritaSE, started developing over 12 months ago and is non incorporated trading subsidiary of the Brothers of Charity Services, which in turn is owned by the congregation of the Brothers of Charity.
Utilising key employment programmes and community activities CaritaSE’s Key activities include:
- Development of a large scale Garden Centre (Summerhill gaden Centre).
- Development of Health BOCS – A community health and wellbeing hub including 20 meter heated swimming pool and sports hall.
- Development of Enviromaint – A community grounds and garden maintenance service.
- Development of wholesale plant production enterprise.
- Development of Building maintenance teams.
We work with a number of partners already including, Knowsley Council, Learn Direct, Tomorrows People, Rathbones, Job Centre plus, Myerscough College, Progress Housing, Liverpool Housing Trust and Lister Steps.