The Brothers of Charity Services in Lancashire has supported many young adults in transition from children’s to adult services to go on to lead full and happy lives in their local community. We work closely with professionals from specialist schools, residential colleges and children’s services based in Lancashire and surrounding regions to create and deliver a service which meets the unique needs of each young person.
In our role as support providers we recognise that we have a duty, not only to the person in receipt of support, but to their families or main carers. We work with them through every step of the way and provide support during what may be a difficult and anxiety-provoking process to ensure the best possible service.
How we can help
Within our approach to transitional services we can provide the following;
- Support service users to source sustainable accommodation for those in transition to supported living and to enable young people and their families to understand their rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- Provide flexible respite and day service options for those living in the family home
- Offer support for young people to gain life skills and further independence
- Support and provide information for families to understand any systems and processes within adult services
- Signpost families to external agencies and groups and support them to link to families who may have undergone similar experiences
- Provide access to specialist staff and equipment, including a fleet of adapted vehicles