For each individual to realise their full potential as a valued and equal citizen in the community.
Our mission statement
With the person at the heart of all we do, we provide a wide range of enabling support services to people with learning disabilities, and others at risk of being marginalised, which promotes their dignity, individuality, inclusion and the fulfilment of their potential.
- Our primary relationship is with the person we support.
- We encourage people to value and appreciate each other.
- We promote partnerships between the individuals we support, families, local community groups, commissioners and other agencies.
- We value the contribution families, friends and colleagues make to our services.
- We want each person to have a sense of belonging and feel part of their community.
- We believe in open, honest and clear communication.
- We value each person’s dignity, individuality and life experience.
- We recognise each person’s spiritual, physical, emotional and social needs.
- We support individuals to make informed choices and determine their own lives.
- We recognise each individual’s potential and support people to develop skills which are important to them.
- We work alongside the people we support and are accountable to them.
- Inclusion underlines all aspects of our work.
- We promote people’s rights and support them to fulfil their responsibilities.
- We support individuals to live real lives in real places.
- We promote celebration in its many forms to provide rich opportunities to build community and bring people together.
- In our pursuit of a high quality service we seek to be at the forefront of evolving ideas in service development.
- We seek creative responses to people’s needs.
- We want to learn from each person and enable them to influence our services.
- We are committed to ongoing personal and professional development.