The Brothers of Charity Services in Merseyside’s transitional services provide a tailored programme, supporting young adults who are in transition from education to adult’s services. Many of the young adults that we support throughout the transitional period go on to lead full and happy lives within their local community.
We have experience of working with professionals including teachers, social workers and commissioners throughout the Merseyside area to ensure that the transition between services is as smooth as possible, delivering a service which meets the unique needs of each young adult.
In our role as support providers we recognise that we have a duty, not only to the person in receipt of support, but to their families or main carers. We work with them through every step of the way and provide support during what may be a difficult and anxiety-provoking process to ensure the best possible service.
How we can help you
- We will support you to source sustainable accommodation for those in transition to supported living and to enable young people and their families to understand their rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- We can provide flexible respite and day services for those living in the family home
- We offer support for young people to gain life skills and further independence
- We support and provide information for families to understand any systems and processes within adult services
- We can signpost families to external agencies and groups and supporting them to link to families who may have undergone similar experiences
- We can provide access to specialist staff and equipment, including a fleet of adapted vehicles
- We accept funding from a variety of streams including commissioned, self-funding, direct payments and respite vouchers