The Brothers of Charity Services in Merseyside supports adults and young people throughout the Merseyside region to live in their own homes and as part of their local community. As an established provider of supported living solutions, the Brothers of Charity Services, based in the beautiful Thingwall Hall in Broadgreen, Liverpool, provides support to over 170 people across the Merseyside region, to live independently in their own homes.
We provide supported living services to people in areas including, but not limited to Liverpool, Knowsley, St. Helens, Southport and Formby.
The Brothers of Charity Services in Merseyside provides support within over 50 tenancies across Liverpool, Knowsley, St Helens and Sefton; and are currently able to offer a range of options depending on individual need and funding pathways, which currently includes shared tenancies of between two and six people, single tenancies and apartment schemes incorporating a number of self-contained apartments with a shared staff facility.
Our supported living services are designed to support adults and young people to sustain a true tenancy and maximise independence, choice and community presence via a culture of ‘enablement’, whilst remaining safe and happy with help from our Support Workers. This service is open to people with a range of needs, from those with complex needs to those who may be more independent and may include support in the following areas:
- Accessing leisure and recreational opportunities
- Developing and maintaining daily living skills
- Developing and maintaining relationships
- Accessing statutory services such as GPs
- Managing all aspects of tenancy including paying bills and domestic tasks
- Undertaking work-based or voluntary opportunities
- Positive behavioural support
- Personal care and mobility support