The Brothers of Charity Services in Merseyside have supported many people with complex needs and challenging behaviour to make a successful transition from residential environments to community-based living within the region. This has included supporting people within specialist day services from the family home, supported living and specialist supported living environments.
We believe a robust transitional or ‘getting to know you’ period is essential particularly when developing services of a ‘step-down’ nature; this is the time when we work with the person supported and all those important to them to enable us to successfully support a gradual reintegration back into community life, in a way and at a pace that works for them.
Within our range of step-down models available, we can offer;
- Support around routine and consistency
- Positive behavioural support and physical intervention when strictly necessary
- Support in relation to decision-making and choice
- Support to develop or improve daily living skills
- A number of service models including supported living, specialist supported living and day services.
In addition, we are able to offer accommodation-based options at our Thingwall Hall site that effectively bridges the gap between secure/residential settings and community-based supported living.